Monday, April 26, 2010

Autumn Leaves...of red & gold

Well, it turns out last weekend's 'Last Hoorah' celebration was a little premature...another weekend has come & gone and...no 'action' as yet. So, to appreciate another weekend as a 'twosome', hubby & I took a drive to the Hills for a nice lunch...


Chocolate oatmeal stout (beer) on the menu! Must try that next time...

Red deer osso bucco with herbed mash and roasted tomato

Loved the decor...

House-made oxtail ravioli with a rich shiraz glaze

I did not notice the coin on the seat until now...

I was still hungry after my ravioli, so hubby & I shared this as our 'dessert': Wagyu burger with bacon, salad, cheese, house-made beetroot (beetroot in burgers is a very Aussie thing), horseradish sauce & tomato chutney on a sourdough bun.

Chloe grey marle hoodie with silk flower appliques (worn with a silly expression on my face...)

I had almost forgotten it was Autumn until I saw the gorgeous Autumn leaves in the Hills...it has been so warm (up until this day), that it almost still felt like Summer.


For dinner we roasted a leg of lamb, substituting the beer from the recipe taken from the Stonesoup with a Charles Melton's Sparkling 'Brute Peche', with a dash of 'Samuel's Gorge Shiraz'...Such a simple recipe yet so goooood....

Now I am off to finally see Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland'...I can safely say I have never been to the movies this early (10:30am), but I have left it so late in watching this movie that it is the only session!

23 comments:

  1. The ravioli suddenly has me craving pasta...love the decor.
    Your Chloe hoodie totally works on you...take care and may you have a smooth delivery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just had dinner but I'm hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. miss cc!! i need to know where that place in the hills is!! tweet me the details :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice choice with the roast lamb... nothing better than a roast at home! yummyyy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving it very..very much!
    Yaary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Chloe hoodie! And your food pics make me hungry always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that picture of you very much! It's VERY lovely! :) And YAY to that delicious dessert!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so cute in the Chloe hoodie !
    The Wagyu burger and the leg of lamb look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. best wishes with the birth!!!
    i keep checking back to see if its happened yet.
    i am guessing if you are away for a couple of weeks i can safely assume the baby has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  10. miam MiaM MIam :p
    we want it all now ! lol
    Kisses from France



    Olivia & Mariam


    Http://daily-women.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. so delicious food B and I do hope the best! Que a sua hora seja maravilhosa e cheia de luz!
    LOve,
    Kira

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photos, darling!
    Love those stools!
    And you look beautiful :)

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Es la primera vez que en la foto quizásvea un poquitín la car de embarazada, la primera y sales genial.
    Que envidia, que comida, me encantaría compartirla contigo, besos enormes
    No me has contestado a las preguntas que te hice del bebé ¿?¿?¿?¿?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The decor is lovely there and I just love the perspectives and depth of field in your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. really beautiful shots

    love
    xoxo

    follow me
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1432188/factory-style

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the zoom-ins on the furniture too!
    Hope you are feeling OK. I was Overdue with both of my sweeties and can realate. This is about the time with my first that my husband took a tastelful shot of me in the bath - it's hilarious. I'm 80% out of the water!
    Loved your blog about the clothes you can still wear with your maternity stuff. I tried my hardest not to get sucked into the void of maternity flour sack fashion, but nowadays there are better options.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the furniture and that food makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm literally starving now thanks to the pic of the Red Deer Osso Bucco. Sounds like you two had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, the food looks amazing, especially that osso bucco... mmm. just keep having amazing meals every day as continued "last hurrah's" until baby comes... :) good luck!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. the food is :9 and the decor is soo lush. it looks like a very comfy and welcoming dining area. plus i love your jacket. ;) im craving oxtail soup now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. we love LULU, and oh my! we covered some cushions in the same print you have in this post.. the red and cream print =)

    stop by our fashion blog, we hope you love it..

    xx. .sabo skirt.

    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete