Monday, May 2, 2011

Rosemount Australian Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2011 Day 1 - Zimmermann


Apologies for going MIA, my sister came to visit with my gorgeous lil' nephew over Easter, and it was a fabulous time filled with food, family, friends...oh, and a new niece too (from my hubby's side). Also, any spare time I get has been spent planning thinking (but not accomplishing much) about Lil J's birthday party. Can you believe she turns one the day after tomorrow?!?!?!?!? I absolutely cannot wrap my head around how time has flown!

Anyway, without further ado, I'm 'back' with the RAFW's first day, which started...today:

Zimmermann

Zimmermann was my favourite collection today, with its geometric panelling and handworked lace effects that resulted in a fresh, light and ethereal with beautifully layered white cotton voile accented with passamenterie lace, together with embroidered linens and pretty watercolour florals that appeared on ankle-length skirts and drop-waisted dresses.

. Having been a fan of their work since they started 16 years ago, their collections had not caught my eye recently, but this collection has pulled me back in.















www.vogue.com.au

For some reason further uploaded pictures from vogue.com.au keep disappearing from my post, so I will have to break them up to various posts, so watch this space for the rest of RAFW Day 1.

1 comment:

  1. Hm, makes me think of table cloths and some kitchen textiles. Not in a bad way, :)

    ReplyDelete