Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Paris Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2012 Pt 5 - Louis Vuitton and Lanvin


Louis Vuitton


I wasn't much of a fan of Marc Jacobs' last collection for Louis Vuitton, but this one was so whimsical and romantic, with beautiful eyelet, broderie anglaise lace and light-as-air feathers...it was hard not to love it...plus, there was a caroussel! How gorgeous is that?


Kate Moss closing the show.

This suit is one of my favourite looks of this collection, the pale green, the textures, the lace collar...



How stunning is that lace under the stiff organza? Especially coupled with that jacket...love the shape!



Another of my favourite looks, that yellow is just glorious!









pics via style.com, the sartorialist and garance dore

Lanvin

It will come to no surprise to some of you that my favourite pieces were Alber's draped chiffon goddess dresses, he is just 'the king' when it comes to those, and the SS'12 collection had some fine specimen on display:










style.com

4 comments:

  1. The LV show was so magical! One of my favorites this season!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the yellow daisy cut out coat. and the carousel setting is so ethereal.

    mel x
    http://flourishedandsunkissed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such breathtakingly beautiful photos! I agree--I'm in love with the whimsical and romantic details. I'm a sucker for lace. Great post :)

    - JT SFStyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I accidentally stumbled upon the livestream of the Louis Vuitton show and I´m so glad I did. It was such a winter paradise and the clothes were so beautiful, I loved that Kate Moss was walking in this show too.

    ReplyDelete