Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Instatravel Diary Part 4 - Champagne and Paris


This is Pt 4 of my 'Instatravel Diary' of my Instagram pics I took on my iPhone while I was in Paris (continuing on from Part 3, Part 2 and Part 1), in reverse chronological order (start from the bottom up, from right to left): 


From bottom right pic (work bottom up, from right to left):
  1. On the train en route to Epernay (Champagne) wearing my new Jimmy Fairly sunglasses and Suno playsuit
  2. Foie Gras with brioche and chutney
  3. Bona fide creme brulee
  4. Coffee and champagne at La Cave Champagne in Epernay
  5. Wearing SABA striped top, Zara shorts, Isabel Marant Betty sneakers and Jimmy Fairly sunglasses
  6. Being silly at dinner wearing Suno playsuit
  7. Black Maje dress and Balenciaga Extra Courier bag
  8. In Rheims
  9. At my first Michelin-starred restaurant La Parc at Chateaux Les Crayères in Rheims
  10. Complimentary amuse-bouches that were to-die-for (the whole meal, in fact)
  11. My main meal
  12. Sneaky pic of the restaurant
  13. The 'Fromage cart'
  14. Mr Brigs' dessert stole the show
  15. My apricot souffle was amazing but overshadowed by Mr Brigs' dessert
  16. Having a chat with Jimminy Cricket in the hotel/restaurant's garden
  17. On my way to Bateaux Mouche, to sightsee along the Seine wearing: 3.1 Phillip Lim silk cut-out New York t-shirt, Rag & Bone 'The Dre' jeans, Helmut Lang blazer (am in love with this, and it arrived one day before my trip, whew!) and Nike sneakers
  18. No introduction needed, le Tour Eiffel.
  19. Outside Céline, where I didn't find any black or navy trio's, nor very good customer service for that matter, luckily that was all remedied at a different store *wink wink*
  20. Yummy juice outside George Pompidou museum.
  21. Salted caramel yoghurt
  22. Woo hoo! SCORE! At Céline, and wonderful SA's too, they made my day.
  23. Beaming outside Céline in Doo.Ri dress, Nike sneakers and Chanel reissue bag.
  24. Dinner at Balthazar - amazing fish tartare (!!!)
  25. Outside Hermès, where I was really excited to see the 'Petit h' collection I wrote about in issue 6 of Peut-être magazine (am now really wishing I had 'invested' in a beautiful blue crocodile and pink leather pinwheel, it was too cute).
If you haven't already, you can join me on Instagram here.

 Twitter + Facebook + Peut-être magazine (Fashion Writer and Editor) + Instagram + Bloglovin' + Shop my Closet

2 comments:

  1. First of all I want to say superb blog! I had a quick question that
    I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested
    to know how you center yourself and clear your mind prior to writing.
    I've had trouble clearing my mind in getting my ideas out.
    I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes
    are wasted just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or tips?

    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Firstly, thank you for your sweet words, you are too kind! Especially since I hardly write here nowadays, so I'm not sure I'm the best person to ask.

      But to answer your question, usually to start writing, I do one of two things:

      1) Write a dot-point list of the points I want to cover in my writing, or
      2) Just start, even if it is rubbish, for me it is like turning on the faucet and letting the cold water out before it warms up, if that makes sense...The hardest part is often just starting, and once you start writing, your thoughts may become clearer in your head.

      Sorry that these are not ground-breaking tips, but it's just what I do :) HTH!

      Happy writing!

      Delete