Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Eyebrow essentials


Here are some of my eyebrow essentials (I forgot to include my trusty Tweezermann slant tweezers in the pic!), especially Benefit's Brow Zings, which I've been using for almost a decade now!  I mostly use only the powder side, using a slim slant brush to fill in my brows (and a particularly stubborn patch that refuses to grow back after the ruthless 90's thin-brows craze I succumbed to).

When my last Brow Zings was almost finished I thought I'd try Hourglass's Arch Brow after seeing it in an email from Net-a-Porter, I like that I only have to use the one thing, but haven't mastered it as well as my Brow Zings (it has been a decade of practice with that after all).

Also, in the 90's I thought I was so clever in occasionally using my mascara on my brows to set it in place, and deepen it subtely.  Now I have Benefit's Gimme Brow instead, which is a lightweight gel, ever so natural, and inifinitely softer than when I used to use the mascara, haha.

What are your eyebrow essentials?

Benefit Brow Zings (pictured in 'Dark') available at Sephora, Birchbox and Adorebeauty;  Benefit Gimme Brow in Deep (available in more colours at Sephora), Hourglass Arch brow (I have the Dark Brunette) available online at Net-a-Porter and Sephora.

Picture on iPad from www.garancedore.com.

Twitter + Facebook + Peut-être magazine (Fashion Writer and Editor) + Instagram + Bloglovin' + Shop my Wardrobe

PS. Thank you Sweatybettypr for replacing my decade-old Brow Zings with a spanking brand new one! And also for the Gimme Brow by Benefit gel, it has now gone into my 'eyebrow essentials' list :).  

n.b. Hourglass Arch brow purchased by me, the Brow Zings and Gimme Brow were sent to me as samples (although I had been using the former for almost a decade), opinions however are honest and unbiased.

1 comment:

  1. They are so important! Thank you for sharing what you use. I go see someone in Perth (Alison Jade) for a little brow help, but thanks to the 90's thing, they do not grow very often. I have to fill them in every morning, also using a powder but do it without fail or I feel ultra unfeminine. I think perhaps it is a French thing- they really love a bold brow. I found it so inspiring when I spent time there. I will have to try your Benefit Gimme Brow trick too. Maybe for special occasions. xx Jenelle
    www.inspiringwit.com

    ReplyDelete