DVN FW2009 collection
I know this was shown quite some time ago, but I need time to 'digest' all the incredible collections shown at the various 'Fashion Week'.
Dries Van Noten's latest collection required extra time for me to 'digest', as I wasn't sure about my thoughts on it at first...There were a few pieces that seemed unflattering even on the model...what chance would us mere mortals have, I wondered? However, there was SO much to love about this collection:
* Beautiful & rich warm palette (from soft nude to rich jewel tones)
*Fabrics that scream luxury in a subtle way (oxymoron?)
* Klimt'esque prints (Klimt being one of my favourite artists)
* Quite a bit of soft pinks teamed with greys
*Exquisite details, such as the feather-like detail on the camel/nude coats/jackets, and amazing sequined skirts and blazers
* Knit neckpieces, that make me wish even harder that I could knit
*Simple & beautifully/expertly cut dresses & 'robes'
* Texture (of all sorts! leather, languid silks, soft wools...)
Here are some of my favourite pieces: