Saturday, February 18, 2012

New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2012 Pt 5: P is for Proenza Schouler and Preen

Proenza Schouler

Hernandez described this collection as "Asian, but in a New York way."- and I absolutely LOVED it!

Thin strips of navy, black, and white leather were woven into a tiny grid for a side-zip jacket - brilliant! Needless to say, my favourite pieces were the beautifully embroidered pieces with oriental themes, the 'chinoiserie' dresses, the varsity jackets embroidered with pheasants on the chest; as well as the woven paillette skirts with which they were paired, and the stunning quilted-satin cocktail dresses with the bird embellishments. This has to be one of my favourite collections of the PS boys to date:















Preen

I found quite a few pieces by the duo to be reminiscent of Dries Van Noten's FW'11 collection, with their own twist of course. What I loved most were the botanical flowers and butterfly prints, which were made modern and fresh with simple silhouettes and panelling with sharp blocks of a very flat matte 'scuba wool' fabric, and manipulated by printing the motifs on sequins and embroidering over them with tarnished silver beading.








style.com

3 comments:

  1. You are always my #1 blog when it comes to Fashion Show Reviews!
    Truly love those bird print or embroideries! So beautiful.

    Topshop started here in Germany the Mary Katrantzou sale already so early in the morning. I was so surprised how easy it was to order. I hope the dress will not be too short at the very end and the size is fine :)
    Have a lovely weekend ahead!!

    Best
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Proenza Schouler collection really impressed me! I especially fell in love with the jackets..can't get them out of my mind xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this collection!

    origianlnumber.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete