Thursday, February 21, 2013

Perspexing Weekend Pt 2.


Following on from my previous post about my Maison Martin Margiela for H&M perspex wedges, the black ankle bootie version has already been used a couple of times. Most recently, last Friday when I went out for dinners with 'the girls'.   I liked its clean design teamed with the girlishness of the rosettes on my 3.1 Phillip Lim t-shirt dress. Remember this post of mine on Phillip Lim and Koi Suwannagate's collaborative rosette pieces a few years ago? Well, since then, I obsessively patiently searched for the t-shirt dresses, and managed to nab them in both white and black. I'm so happy I persisted with my search! The casual silhouette of the t-shirt in soft cotton jersey teams so well with the 3D rosettes, making the dresses so easy to wear...and they have side pockets! Win! I had to add a pop of colour to my outfit with 'snake' (my nickname for it) Chloe Python Paraty bag:


You can add a pop of colour with a Python Chloe Paraty here, or go for black here, or if you can't have python shipped over to your country and/or prefer it in leather, you can find it in several stores, such as Nordstrom, Forward by Elyse Walker, in a gorgeous periwinkle at Ssense, Barneys,and Net-a-Porter (where mine was from).

8 comments:

  1. Thanks H! How did your MMM for H&M purchases hold up? Did you end up keeping most of them? I saw the pic of your narrow-shouldered jacket, and it looks amazing on you! Will still try to find one for myself, although I'm unsure as to sizing, as I hear they ran very small...

    Hope you are well!
    xx
    CC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the wrap skirt flapping open would drive me nuts, haha! The search for the narrow shoulder jacket continues...

      Delete
  2. I admire your collection of Phillip Lim Rosette dresses. I didn't know they're coming for a collaboration with Koi S. Funny, we're connected at FB and I didn't notice that SHE and SHE are the same person, until yet.... Scales fell from my eyes hahaha
    Amazing outfit, I can imagine HOW fabulous you look wearing this combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks S! Did you mean, that I, CC, am Brigadeiro? :)

      Oh, and yeah...Koi Suwannagate was responsible for the beautiful rosettes, so really, the beauty is mostly due to Koi S. instead of Phillip Lim.

      Hope you and Mr Modediktat are well!

      xx
      CC

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous outfit! I don't think I'll ever fall out of love with this dress! Makes me regret selling my white version which was a touch too big for me (and I've never been able to source a smaller size) :( A question re your MMM boots hun - do you find them comfortable and did you stick to your true size? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Mish! I'm still in love with the whole range of 3.1 PL x Koi Suwannagate rosette pieces! I remember when you sold your dress, not only did I go noooooooooooo for not getting to you in time, I thought "nooooooooooooo...don't sell it Mish"!

      Re: MMM boots, I stuck to my size, but sometimes I wonder if my feet are sometimes smaller than I think. 'Cause on the box it says 38 (which is my usual size), but then 240 for Japanese sizing and US 7, which I would think is smaller than I'd be...I read somewhere that some people found them small. My sister returned her pair because she found them uncomfortable, but I found them surprisingly "comfortable" (well, not comfortable like say the Chloe Susanna's or anything like that, but not uncomfortable like some had purported them to be). I'm sorry I'm not much help with sizing. Modediktat (who commented above you) said she found them narrow. I have wide feet and at first I thought "oh oh" (my left foot was snugger than my right), but without socks it was fine, might need to find stocking sockettes though, 'cause they were hard to put on and off without socks in Summer!

      Ok, have rambled for far too long, sorry!

      Delete
    2. PS. Did you end up topy-soling your Chloe Susannas? I keep procrastinating, and keep meaning to do so!

      Delete
  4. I once wore some similar heels to dress up as Lady Gaga!

    ReplyDelete