Friday, February 22, 2013

Recent Buys: (mostly) Monochrome with blacks, stripes and more stripes...


I just noticed how (mostly) monochromatic my recent purchases were. I fell head over heels over the Erdem Casey blouse and the Dries Van Noten necklace when I first laid my eyes on their runway pics over a year ago. I plan to wear the necklace as shown on the runway as well as wrapped around my neck a few times, similarly to this.

The 3.1 Phillip Lim silver pointed leather collar is not actually a purchase, but a present from my gorgeous sister J (ain't I a lucky duck?), but I plan on wearing it with the Dries Van Noten black cotton sweater I just bought (the customer service at LN-CC was brilliant, btw, and it came in a gorgeous black box, even though it was a sale item, bonus!). I like how simple that top is, but cut beautifully, and I can see how easy it will be to use.

The SABA striped top is another addition to my collection of 'mariniere' tops, I don't think one can ever have too many (am slightly obsessed with 'nautical stripes'). I had my eyes on it for a while, and the recent 25% off offered just cinched the deal (such a bargain!), so I bought it today.

I posted the David Szeto Tess top in a previous post, and have obsessed over it since. David Szeto's designs are just brilliant: the asymmetrical zip, the drape, the side shoulder bow, and slightly off stripes, cut to make it more flattering to any body shape, so much to love!

The Willow black cashmere top is to replace a Vince sweater that I found completely moth eaten (boo), and was on sale (score!), and the Rag & Bone Dre jeans seem to have the perfect amount of whiskering, the right wash and cut (which I bought at 30% off at Shopbop)... Oh, and the sneakers! I have been living in them since I got them, so comfy!

Monochromatic (mostly) Recent Buys

 

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
xx
CC

1 comment:

  1. Thanks H! I did pretty well for a month or so, but unfortunately made up for it in the past few weeks. After spending so much time trying to cull my wardrobe somewhat, and struggling to find where to store my clothes in the new place (inc. buying an new wardrobe), I really really need to think extra hard about each purchase I make. I think writing out why I bought each piece helps assuage the guilt, reaffirming why I made each purchase, I need to make sure I stay on top of things. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your 2013 wardrobe resolutions, and wish I could be as disciplined! xx

    ReplyDelete