Monday, February 24, 2014

What I wore: pastels and florals, oh my!


It is funny how colours can change one's mood. In taking the first picture below, I fished out this little-worn Miu Miu Bow bag I've had in my wardrobe but hardly wear.  I obsessed over the Miu Miu Bow bag for the longest time! When I finally got my hands on one, I was carting my 'baby bag' everywhere, so this was put on the back burner, and then I found it a little 'girly' whenever I reached for it.  Doesn't mean I didn't keep taking it out of the wardrobe to be admired from time to time, haha.  Anyway, I digress.  After snapping the pic, I decided to wear it over the weekend, and teamed it with one of my favourite dresses by Dries Van Noten.  Its painterly florals has me giddy like a little schoolgirl whenever I see it, ever since I saw it on the runway for the Spring/Summer 2005 collection.  Because I would feel too 'frou frou' in anything else, I 'dressed it down' with some Isabel Marant Dicker boots.  I'm not sure why I don't feel quite right unless I'm slightly 'undone', does that make sense?  Probably not.

 Peut-etre magazines, Miu Miu Bow bag, Chanel ballerina pumps, lily flower from my garden in an Antipodes water bottle glass (love this bottle!)
 Went on a little shopping spree at Country Road, mostly falling hard for their homeware and childrenswear (this is only a sample of what I got *gulp*) - first time I've ever actually partaken in their 'spend and save'.
My espresso coffee machine conked!!! I am so lost without it! Had to make my espresso this morning on the stovetop, and couldn't froth my milk! First world problem, I know, but I drowned my sorrows with some macarons whilst perusing one of my favourite Dries Van Noten lookbooks from Spring/Sumer 2006.
Wore this to my brother-in-law's big birthday celebration bash (take 2 - this time for family), it was a fabulous lunch at the Barossa, the kids had an absolute ball, as did the adults!

Outfit details: Dress: Dries Van Noten (seasons old), Bag: Miu Miu Bow satchel (available here), Shoes: Isabel Marant Dicker boots (available here, anthracite available here and here...).

Hope you all had a fab weekend!

Happy Monday!
xx


Twitter + Facebook + Peut-être magazine (Fashion Writer and Editor) + Instagram + Bloglovin' + Shop my Wardrobe

2 comments:

  1. i have loved that bag for the longest time too. but i know what you mean about going for "slightly undone" or i like to use "disheveled" haha... still love the bag. and love the colour you have it in.

    reckless abandon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous print on your dress.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    Fashion: http://www.purrpleivy.com/
    Health and Fitness: http://purrple-ivy-fitness.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete