Thursday, October 2, 2014

Bodhi Cleanse - Organic Pressed Juice cleansing program


When Karina, the lovely Naturopath behind Bodhi Cleanse kindly offered me a trial of her 1-day Juice cleanse, I was quick to say: yes, please!

I have been meaning to try out a juice cleanse for quite some time.  I had been feeling sluggish, and after taking a course of steroids, and then a course of antibiotics right until I tried this cleanse, I really wanted to 'cleanse' my body.  I also wanted to kickstart a healthier lifestyle,  as I have been making some poor dietary choices this year.

Below are the benefits to a juice cleanse (listed on Bodhi Cleanse's website), and I pretty much was saying yes please to each item:
  • Increased elimination of harmful toxins and waste
  • Increased metabolism and potentially aiding in weight loss
  • Boosted energy levels
  • Reduced cellulite
  • Rejuvenated and refreshed skin
  • Reduced sugar, caffeine and unhealthy food cravings
  • Improved digestive health
  • Improved mental clarity and concentration
  • Reduced bloating and ‘heavy’ feeling
  • Younger, brighter, more youthful looking skin (the steroids I had to take recently were due to an unusual allergic reaction which made my skin swollen and horrible!)
Endeavouring to use only organic fruits and vegetables, these cold pressed, glass bottled juices (no BPA, and recyclable) are made fresh and delivered to your door (in ADL), so easy!

The juices were so refreshing and delicious, there are 6 in total and a fibre blend (well, 5 juices, the last bottle of the day being a delicious cashew 'mylk' - my favourite of the 6).  All the different juices (and the intended effect of the ingredients within it) are described on the website.  Doing it for just one day was a great introduction to 'juice cleanses' for me.  I got a little hungry around Juice 2 to 3, but then in the afternoon I wasn't hungry anymore, with all the juices and water I was drinking.  I liked that I didn't have the 'heavy' feeling, and I felt encouraged to eat healthier following the cleanse.

It was a great experience, and I plan on doing a longer juice cleanse, especially in the warmer weather.

You can find out more about Bodhi Cleanse here.

Have you ever done a Juice Cleanse? Would love to hear/read about your experiences!

    all pics via my iPhone.

    n.b.: This 1-day juice cleanse was kindly gifted to me by Bodhi Cleanse, but I only share my honest and unbiased opinions and experience.

    Thanks again Karina!

    Twitter + Facebook + Peut-être magazine (Fashion Writer and Editor) + Instagram + Bloglovin' + Shop my Wardrobe

    1 comment:

    1. I just love your Instagram, I'm glad that I found your site through Alice Gao's blog/comments section!

      I also love juice cleansing. You have to be really strict with yourself but by day 3 I always feel so full of energy. I'll have to give this one a try, because cleaning a juicer is hellish!

      Emily

      ReplyDelete