When Karina, the lovely Naturopath behind Bodhi Cleanse kindly offered me a trial of her 1-day Juice cleanse, I was quick to say: yes, please!
I have been meaning to try out a juice cleanse for quite some time. I had been feeling sluggish, and after taking a course of steroids, and then a course of antibiotics right until I tried this cleanse, I really wanted to 'cleanse' my body. I also wanted to kickstart a healthier lifestyle, as I have been making some poor dietary choices this year.
Below are the benefits to a juice cleanse (listed on Bodhi Cleanse's website), and I pretty much was saying yes please to each item:
- Increased elimination of harmful toxins and waste
- Increased metabolism and potentially aiding in weight loss
- Boosted energy levels
- Reduced cellulite
- Rejuvenated and refreshed skin
- Reduced sugar, caffeine and unhealthy food cravings
- Improved digestive health
- Improved mental clarity and concentration
- Reduced bloating and ‘heavy’ feeling
- Younger, brighter, more youthful looking skin (the steroids I had to take recently were due to an unusual allergic reaction which made my skin swollen and horrible!)
The juices were so refreshing and delicious, there are 6 in total and a fibre blend (well, 5 juices, the last bottle of the day being a delicious cashew 'mylk' - my favourite of the 6). All the different juices (and the intended effect of the ingredients within it) are described on the website. Doing it for just one day was a great introduction to 'juice cleanses' for me. I got a little hungry around Juice 2 to 3, but then in the afternoon I wasn't hungry anymore, with all the juices and water I was drinking. I liked that I didn't have the 'heavy' feeling, and I felt encouraged to eat healthier following the cleanse.
It was a great experience, and I plan on doing a longer juice cleanse, especially in the warmer weather.
You can find out more about Bodhi Cleanse here.
Have you ever done a Juice Cleanse? Would love to hear/read about your experiences!