Sunday, October 20, 2019

My Summer Raffia Bag edit

What started as a few suggestions on a great raffia bag to be worn with summer dresses for a friend of a friend has snowballed a little; well, because I have a serious thing for raffia and wicker bags, I'm afraid, and got a little carried away, so many gorgeous options to choose from!

I can't get enough of the Loewe raffia bags.  I already own and use (soooo often) my basket bag and the slit tote; and would seriously consider adding this to the family were it not sold out. Have placed myself on the waiting list for when it is restocked though, just in case (directly at Loewe).


Loewe Slit Large tote (avail. at 24S and Matchesfashion and NAP) - I wanted a hands-free 'beach bag' but have been using it almost every day lately.


Loewe basket bag (have taken this with me to countless trips (the large pictured above is available at Matchesfashion, mine is the medium, which is currently sold out)





Another Loewe option I think is so cute is Gate leather and raffia bag (avail. from Matches and the super cute mini size at NAP)




This Cesta Collective bag is too cute! (avail. at Matchesfashion as is the opposite colour way here).

They also make such cute basket bags!


Camel and black lunch pail available at Orchard Mile

Savanna Bay raffia bucket bag by Heidi Klein (available at Matches)


Ok, so I have been telling myself "I don't need another raffia bag, I don't need another raffia bag", but after months of telling myself, I still just succumbed to this Albus Lumen x Helen Kaminski Figura bag, the top is lined in leather, and I'm not sure how practical it is (can update you when it arrives), but it does double as a home ornament, it's just so beautiful! Love its lines, relaxed yet sophisticated vibe.

Albus Lumen x Helen Kaminski Figura bag avail at Matchesfashion - also in black and dark brown brown and Net-a-Porter - also in olive and dark brown)








Carolina Santo Domingo small woven mohair and raffia bucket bag (available at Orchard Mile and Net-a-Porter)



Gucci Raffia tote (medium from Gucci, large from 24s)



Gucci Marmont GG small shoulder raffia bag (avail. from Gucci)


Gucci Marmont GG raffia small shoulder bag (avail. from Gucci in beige trim and green trim)  - these are definitely a dressier option that hardly looks like raffia, but thought I'd include them here in case it tickles someone's fancy.




I know, not raffia, but I have been lusting after this bag (and the rectangular version) since I first saw it, and think it's the perfect accessory for summer dresses day or night:Saint Laurent Kate small bamboo bag (avail. at Barneys and Saks) and oh my, had to include the same bag in wicker from Barneys.

In contrast, a much more relaxed (yet I find still sophisticated) vibe from Hunting Season: raffia and leather shoulder bag (avail. at NAP - also in a smaller size called the 'Lola')


Also like this cute Hunting Season trunk (avail. at Matchesfashion)



Sparrow's Weave (a new Australian-based label which I am absolutely loving) The Round wicker and leather top handle bag available at Matchesfashion


Sparrows Weave The Cylinder wicker and leather bag (avail. at Matchesfashion also so gorgeous in Burgundy )

Mango round raffia bag (on sale at MNG)



Ulla Johnson Raya bag (at Shopbop and Moda Operandi and NAP))

Kayu Lucie bag from NAP (also so cute in green at Amour Verte and pink from IfChic)


Ok, the large is quite large but so chic for daytime: Jil Sander leather trim raffia tote bag from Matchesfashion (cute smaller version - nighttime appropriate as well as day, available at Moda Operandi), when I first saw it my jaw may or may not have dropped.

Do you guys like any of the above? Any further recommendations for a good raffia bag that will go nicely with summer dresses?

xx




Twitter + Facebook + Peut-être magazine (Fashion Writer and Editor) + Instagram + Bloglovin' + Shop my Wardrobe

No comments:

Post a Comment