Friday, August 7, 2009

Recent Buy: Roksanda Ilincic silk draped dress

I am so incredibly excited about my latest purchase, which should arrive in time for my birthday next week (not that I have any idea what I am doing on the day, except that I will not be working, woo hoo!)

LOVE the draped hem, nude/peach + black colour combination, and the Swarovski-crystal embellishments on the front of this Roksanda Ilincic silk dress...


www.swarovski.com (click to enlarge pics below)


Roksanda Ilincic is another designer I absolutely love, since her first collection in 2006 (her debut collection being one of my top 3 faves), with beautiful draping and roses made of silk. With a penchant for large bows, roses and amazing 'construction/structure/shape/drape', there is so much to love about Roksanda's stunning designs. Ilincic's dresses bring out the romantic in a girl. 'There's a personality that's not just Serbian but Eastern European,' she says, 'That culture is quite nostalgic, romantic in a way. You can see it in my work.' Her mother always had these silk roses in different colours, which she would change according to her outfit'. Roses are now motif for Roksanda in all of her collections. I had so much fun sharing my favourite pieces of Nathan Jenden's to date, I thought I'd do the same for Roksanda...

Fall/Winter 2009

www.style.com

Spring/Summer 2009


www.style.com

Fall 2008 is my favourite collection of Roksanda's (also loved SS09 above), and on researching a little on what inspired her, it was easy to see why. Roksanda Ilincic went to Brasília (capital of Brasil) one Christmas, and returned with a memory full of Oscar Niemeyer's amazing architectural shapes, vistas of waterfalls, and brilliant flashes of tropical color. On her return, Ilincic experimented with new kinds of structure, contrasting soft with hard, splashes of green, pink, and orange that she saw in Brazil. The arching shapes came through in soaring shoulders and the faceted standout panels that jutted from the hips or contained color-blocked zones of satin in bodices; the flashes of neon were in contrasting sashes, or a pouf of bright ostrich feather.
(www.style.com)

Fall/Winter 2008



www.style.com

Spring/Summer 2008
www.style.com

Fall/Winter 2007
www.style.com

Spring/Summer 2007
www.style.com

Fall/Winter 2006

www.style.com

Spring/Summer 2006
'
www.style.com

35 comments:

  1. smashing wardrobe
    http://nycrunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!
    You happy, lucky girl!! What an amazing dress!
    CONGRATS TO THIS FANTASTIC PURCHASE!
    I've purchased a LV Sprouse scarf last week (pics on my latest posting), so in love with the color...
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend - and here is something to laugh for you, for us Twilight geeks: http://www.angryalien.com/aa/twilightbuns.asp I laughed so hard....
    xoxo, Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! What a beautiful gift to yourself! Love the shiny details...and the drape of the dress is immaculate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the draping beautiful dress

    ReplyDelete
  5. im sure that you will look nice in your birthday!!! Gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the new buy, it's going to look even more gorgeous on!
    xx-LJ from SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, definitely an amazing designer I hadn't heard of before. Thanks so much for posting. The dress is lovely! excited to see it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lucky you! that dress is gorgeous

    http://www.littlemissdressup.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowowow

    that dress is stunning + PERFECT for a birthday bash.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh godddd,... i have major dress envy right now! roksanda is one of my favourites too, even though i think sometimes she lacks execution but she makes up for it in sheer imagination. And her draping is always spot on. this dress is amazing. i'm so jealous, soooo jealous. it just brings back memories of my gorgeous boxy coat, perfectly fitting, and just that $3000 too much. no. life's not fair. :(

    cant wait to see pics!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a real luxury to be able to wear this dress, wowwww, a fantastic gift You're lucky sweetie ... and wonderful collection, many thanks a muaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous!!

    I love the use of tulle. Really inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh,your birthday is next week!;)

    You lucky girl! Congratulations on your fabulous find...
    I believe the best is always "the awaiting" and the moment you can unwrap the package and see the dress for the very first time!
    NUDE & BLACK IS AWESOME!
    I´ll keep my eyes open for her designs!!

    Enjoy your weekend with lots of sunny and joyful moments!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first dress is fabulous!

    FM~FP~AF

    ReplyDelete
  15. really stunning... you must post a picture of it on once it arrives!

    M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning dress, darling ~ congrats!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  17. That dress is gorgeous! I love peach and black--reminds me of Prince in the 80's which = pure love.

    Hope you have a happy birthday!

    ~Tamia
    Style Sample Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Her designs are so freaking dreamy. You're so lucky to own that gorgeous dress. So different from the usual LBD... :) Have a wonderful weekend, Brigs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that dress! I can't wait to see it on you! The back is absolutely stunning! The designer knows how to drape silk in such a sophisticated way! I can't pick my favorite! Everything looks gorgeous! xxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH MY oh my oh my!
    Your birthday is going to be a blast with that dress! :) Have fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. that is the prettiest dress =o you must be rich

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh! The dress is stunning! Can not wait to see it! Thanks also for introducing me to an amazing new designer -- all the tulle + draping is pure loveliness.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous dress! How lucky you are to its new owner. I had never heard of this designer before, but all those pieces are beautiful, particularly the last dress with the rosettes on the straps.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! All of her collections are beautiful and I really liked some of the looks from her Resort 2010 collection as. I'm jealous that you got that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That dress is stellar! Love the blog sweets!

    xoxo Heather

    thevodkaasylum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't wait to see you in that dress!!! Gorgeous!! The draping is stunning.

    http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm pretty sure if I tried that kind of draped elegance, I'd fall over

    ReplyDelete
  28. Roksanda collaborated with one of the lingerie designers I carry in my boutique - Damaris. She's amazing!
    xox
    www.froufroufashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. thanks for the comment! that dress is so beautiful. I really love the SS09 pics, those dresses are just spectacular with all the contrasting tulle and asymmetry

    ReplyDelete
  30. beige-y/peach, green and black. an idea for an interesting colour palette.

    ReplyDelete
  31. thanks for the comment! that dress is so beautiful. I really love the SS09 pics, those dresses are just spectacular with all the contrasting tulle and asymmetry

    ReplyDelete