Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pre-Fall 2010 Part 4: Calvin Klein and Alexander Wang - Minimalist

Calvin Klein

Brazilian-designer Francisco Costa used innovative matte cashmere knits, made on a circular knitting machine to create a relaxed, cocoon like silhouette. Hanging on the racks were navy, ruby, and nectarine versions of many of the 17 black and white looks put on models; I wish I could sneak a peek at the coloured versions...My favourite piece was the last column dress...simple yet so stunning:







Alexander Wang

"My girl, she's got to go to work sometime," Alexander Wang joked. This collection was a definite departure from his edgy downtown vibe - decidedly more 'grown up'. I especially loved the jackets, the first jacket being my favourite; the layered peplumed leather corsets on top of a shirtdress or under a suit, and the long and lean silhouettes. He did another version of his draped goddess dresses (love these dresses of his), this time with a leather bra-cup bodice and sequins, I am still dreaming of owning (and fitting into) one of his white 'goddess' draped dresses...







all pics via style.com

10 comments:

  1. Love the cocoon silhouette. This is my go-to cozy look these days-- especially with the chill in the air... I saw Francisco at a forum this past year and loved what he shared with us about his aesthetic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow i have to say that but I dont like either of the collections. What were they thinking. I know androgenous is in at the moment, but I mean, I am pretty sure women still want to look like women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love minimalist clothes with the extreme heels. LOL!


    Have a lovely day!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the last outfit from Wang: so relaxed... Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brigadeiro.

    Oh yes, that Alexander Wang collection is amazing. Love the outfit with the tube top, short pants over black leggings or the white Calvin Klein dress (last photo).

    ENJOY YOUR TRIP TO JAPAN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not find an outfit posted here that I did not love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving both- would take any and all of those looks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the simplicity. very chic.

    http://www.chicfeed.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Alexander Wang collection, especially the outfit, the last picture on the right. The lenghts of the skirt and jacket are perfect !

    ReplyDelete