Monday, May 20, 2013

Recent buys: Preen, 3.1 Phillip Lim x Koi Suwannagate, Dries Van Noten, Equipment Signature Silk shirt, Asos striped 'Bonjour' jumper & THE Zara skort


I have been a little pleased with myself that up until recently I have mostly been adding pieces to my wardrobe that I actually wear day-to-day...But I am feeling slightly guilty because I have recently 'relapsed', even though some of these items have been on my 'obsession-list'...

The Preen 'Akiko' dress (on sale for a steal at Boutique 1) and 'Kimono' sweater (now sold out at My Wardrobe) are from one of my favourite collection by Thornton & Bregazzi for Preen, remember me posting about it here?  I am crazily slightly obsessed with this collection; practically every single piece was absolutely amazing!  And you all know how much I love oriental/kimono/Japanese prints...

The 3.1 Phillip Lim strapless rosette dress is something I've drooled dreamed of since it was first shown on the runway.  Remember this post with my 3.1 Phillip Lim pieces (strapless dress in taupe, and the rosette tank dress in navy) from his collaboration with Koi Suwannagate.  Since then I've added the rosette t-shirt dress in black and white.  This ivory linen strapless rosette dress was erroneously listed as a maxi dress, which means the bidding war was less vicious than what I have previously witnessed on rosette pieces, serendipity!

I recently bought the Equipment signature silk shirt in black, and as soon as it arrived I knew I just had to also get it in white, I see this will get plenty of wear (providing I don't stain it *cross fingers*)

It seems like every man and his dog blogger out there has a pair of these Zara skorts.  Since discovering the comfort of playsuits, I love the fact that I can still run around with two little ones while keeping my decency in shorts, which these skorts will also afford me.  I plan on bringing them with me on my upcoming Paris trip (more on this to come).

Speaking of Paris, when I saw the striped Asos 'Bonjour' sweater on the stunningly gorgeous Nicole Warne of Gary Pepper Vintage, I was giddy as a little schoolgirl, only to be let down by the fact that it sold out.  Ok, I know I should be chastised for this, but I found it on Ebay 'scalped' at double its retail price. But I didn't care, it had me at 'Bonjour', stripes and all (I asked myself, if I didn't know what brand it was, if I saw it on a rack for that price, would I buy it, my answer was 'yes').  Call me cheesy (I know my sister will, and her French boyfriend will cringe), but I absolutely cannot wait to wear this in France. Hope I don't get any too many dirty looks.


Recent buys
1. Zara black skort 2. Dries Van Noten striped silk Cee top 3. Preen Akiko silk dress (still available on sale at Boutique 1) 4. Preen Kimono sweater 5. 3.1 Phillip Lim strapless rosette dress 6. Asos striped 'Bonjour' jumper 7. Equipment Signature Silk shirt in Nature White


pic via atlantic-pacific

No comments:

Post a Comment