Wednesday, September 22, 2010

London Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2011 Pt 4: Are the 90's back? Burberry Prorsum, Giles, Jonathan Saunders, Julien Macdonald & Jaeger London

Is it just me? Or does it seem like the 90's are 'back'? Neon and citrus colours, zipper & stud details, cropped biker jackets...

Burberry Prorsum






Julien Macdonald

I was surprised to see a few 'demure' outfits at Julien Macdonald, and quite like the floaty floral dress, once again, I found a slight 90's vibe present:



Jonathan Saunders

Citrus colours...light & fresh:




last four photos from thesartorialist.com (click to enlarge)

Giles



Jaeger London

I was not sure whether to include the coral parka-dress, but the colour was too pretty to omit, and the concept of a parka-dress sparked my curiosity me somewhat. I did like the yellow & blue ensemble, especially the cropped hoodie:




all pics from style.com

4 comments:

  1. I am not sure there is a return to the 1980s or 1990s but most of the fashion I have seen in London this LFW was very heavily inspired by Balmain / Decarnin, by Givenchy / Tisci, by Balenciaga / Ghesquière. Like Gucci or Prada or McQueen twenty years ago, these designers seem to define the era and influence everyone.

    Even Mary Katrantzou (who is traditionally more influenced by Versace) showed pieces which bore the stamp of Ghesquière !

    I look forward to seeing whether this will be the case in Milan or Paris or whether new trends will emerge. LFW has left me a bit hungry for novelty: it was pretty tame!

    http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minha querida amiga B!

    Eu acabei de ver esta coleção agorinha mesmo no style.com e posso dizer que amei demais....não esperava algo tão cool. Como adoro o estilo, achei muito interessante a mistura dos cítricos com o couro e o nude...daria qualquer coisa por uma calça dessas...ai aí...

    saudades de vc!
    Como vai o lindo brigadeirinho?
    Todo o meu amor para toda a família,

    LOve,
    Kira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burberrys collection is amaging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Jonathan Saunders' line shown on The Sartorialist. You and he picked my fave -- the orange dress with the blue belt.

    ReplyDelete