Friday, September 24, 2010

Milan Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2011: Pt 2 - Florals, florals & more florals at D&G


D&G


I cannot believe how much I love love love the D&G SS'11 collection...Especially since I probably would not actually wear most of these beautiful floral pieces. I often love looking at very girly feminine pieces, but would feel silly in them. But I simply adore the mismatched florals & ginghams (red gingham people! LOVE red gingham), the floaty dresses and bubble shorts (which I could not wear in a million years, but are so cute), the pinafores, lacey pieces and Snow White t-shirts, the incredible tall Wellington-ish wedge boots (click for large pic), the oversized bags, the pleated floral bag, the headscarves...I don't think I have been this excited about florals since my favourite Burberry Prorsum SS'05 collection.

You can see the whole collection in large pictures at the official D&G website HERE. I wish I could include large pictures of all the pieces below, but that would be crazier than this post already is:






















pics from style.com and large pictures from D&G

6 comments:

  1. It's just all so fresh and beautiful, isn't it? I just felt a mental gust of fresh spring air.

    I'd be interested to know what you thought of Burberry's trans-seasonal collection, and the Prada collection that showed yesterday.

    Michelle

    whoisbobbparris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not for me . . . except for the creamy lace gowns in the middle. But the shapes are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mix of florals & ginghams is just amazing ! It's really fresh & feminine... Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING all these florals!! So girly indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing collection ! I love the long long floral dresses, gingham puffy shorts, wedges with flowers at the ankles, and the boots ! And i want the Snow White shirt ! I'm so happy extra long dresses/skirts are back.

    ReplyDelete