Friday, September 24, 2010

Milan Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2011: Pt 2 - Florals, florals & more florals at D&G


D&G


I cannot believe how much I love love love the D&G SS'11 collection...Especially since I probably would not actually wear most of these beautiful floral pieces. I often love looking at very girly feminine pieces, but would feel silly in them. But I simply adore the mismatched florals & ginghams (red gingham people! LOVE red gingham), the floaty dresses and bubble shorts (which I could not wear in a million years, but are so cute), the pinafores, lacey pieces and Snow White t-shirts, the incredible tall Wellington-ish wedge boots (click for large pic), the oversized bags, the pleated floral bag, the headscarves...I don't think I have been this excited about florals since my favourite Burberry Prorsum SS'05 collection.

You can see the whole collection in large pictures at the official D&G website HERE. I wish I could include large pictures of all the pieces below, but that would be crazier than this post already is:






















pics from style.com and large pictures from D&G

7 comments:

  1. It's just all so fresh and beautiful, isn't it? I just felt a mental gust of fresh spring air.

    I'd be interested to know what you thought of Burberry's trans-seasonal collection, and the Prada collection that showed yesterday.

    Michelle

    whoisbobbparris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my kind of thing, but the movement is nice on all the finale dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not for me . . . except for the creamy lace gowns in the middle. But the shapes are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mix of florals & ginghams is just amazing ! It's really fresh & feminine... Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVING all these florals!! So girly indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing collection ! I love the long long floral dresses, gingham puffy shorts, wedges with flowers at the ankles, and the boots ! And i want the Snow White shirt ! I'm so happy extra long dresses/skirts are back.

    ReplyDelete