Monday, September 13, 2010

New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2011 Pt 1 - Simple Fluidity: Costello Tagliapietra, BCBG & Doo.Ri


Time is flying by before my eyes, and I cannot believe Fashion Weeks are here already! Starting with NYFW SS'2011: the following 3 collections are my favourites so far (you may see a recurring theme in all three), but I am sure there will be many more to come as NYFW progresses.

Costello Tagliapietra


Neutral-hued dresses with a focus on details & gentle draping; casual, elegant and absolutely beautiful...





BCBG Max Azria

There were some incredible and very minimal pieces at BCBG, but the gorgeous lace dresses also caught my eye, still kept simple in their silhouette:





Doo.Ri

Another beautifully soft & neutral-toned palette with subtle draping, gorgeous tailoring and a casual elegance I absolutely love:





all pics from style.com

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see more coverage of NYFW s/s 2011! By the way, some snips of Vicky Beckham's collection arrived on the press this morning in the UK, and whilst I'm not her biggest fan, I was admittedly drawn to some of her designs. Modern, structurally drapy and even classic!
    http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/galleries/TMG7997643/In-pictures-Victoria-Beckham-springsummer-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shu!

    I saw VB's collection earlier today, and already started preparing my next post! Each collection I hate to admit that I actually like quite a few of her designs! I do wonder how much of the creative process is actually Victoria Beckham...A yellow dress was one of my favourites from this collection, a glorious colour!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those collections :) really want them all

    gorgeous :) nice post

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really really love the doo.ri collection!

    stayfabulous,
    zarna
    http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete