Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's getting hot in here...

The weather has been in the high 30's and sometimes 40's (ie. around 100 Fahrenheit) since I returned from my South American holiday, which means I've been trying to chill by the pool or at the beach, or indoors whenever possible...

Wore this to my friends' 3-year old's birthday party (which was great fun!):


T-shirt: Sass & Bide 'A little peace' Jagger tee
Shorts: Stella McCartney
Belt: Alice McCall silk crystal bow belt
Bag: Burberry patent clutch
Shoes: Stella McCartney black pumps
(shown below)
Jewellery: Crystal bracelet from Bauhaus

Burberry patent clutch:



As a large-bag fan, I've always resisted clutches as I can barely fit anything in them, but I thought it was time for my first 'proper' clutch, and got it last December.


Please excuse the terrible hair day

Out for drinks at a local pub with friends, was in a 'Resort' mood:



Top
: Tigerlily white&red striped with lace straps halterneck worn under
Blouse: Vanessa Bruno cotton-voile top (better pic here)
Shorts: Stella McCartney
Belt: Dries Van Noten
Bag: Burberry Manor
Shoes: White buckle shoes with red heel (purchased 5 years ago in Brazil, still love these, and had to buy them twice, as they were stolen the first time, minutes after I bought it!)

Sunday drinks with friends (was happy chilling at home, but had my arm 'twisted' to come out to a nearby bar for way too much French bubbly...I had 5 minutes, so added some accessories to my comfy 'lounge at home' outfit)



Top
: Sportsgirl beaded silk camisole (used to be a dress, but I didn't like the asymmetrical hem and so 'altered' it)
Dress: Ilana Moses silk dress (it's actually a gorgeous deep purple colour)
Belt: Calibre (men's) belt
Shoes: Dior Extreme Pythons
Jewellery: Tom Binns Faux Real cuff & large stone ring from Buenos Aires
Bag: Chloe large brown leather bracelet bag

26 comments:

  1. oi!! adorei o cinto de strass em forma de laço!!! bjs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá!!!

    Amo o seu closet, completamente estrelado de grifes maravilhosas!!! Estas sandálias do Brasil são de que loja? Super a cara do verão daqui ;) E lindo em vc!

    Amei as produções!
    Mil beijos e abraços!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely fantastic!
    i love the last one outfit :) especially shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's been WAY too hot, intolerable!

    I love how you altered the Sportsgirl dress into a cami - ingenious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh love you accesories... those last shoes along with that clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with that belt! it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claudia & Kira - Muito obrigada! Nao me lembro a loja donde comprei os sapatos, mas a loja nao esta mais la (em SJC). Que pena!

    H of candid cool - I felt like a disco ball when in the car on the way to the party, the interior was all glittering from the reflections! I felt like a kid myself :)

    escritora, i.d., icon, bucca & she's dressing up - Thanks! Re: bow belt, I loved it so much when it came out a few years ago that I also bought it in silver/grey. Occasionally (more recently) I use the pair to hold up the ivory curtains in the guest room, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those dior heels are TOO fabulous!!

    & that bow belt is really cute

    great blog,dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sparkly outfit is perfect for a birthday party! I really, really envy your belt there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh the strass shirt i love matches perfectly the bow belt !!!
    the "bermuda" make the outfit look so cool !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great outfits. drooling over your dior shoes!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looks. I love your collection of belts, especially the bow one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. first outfit is very cute!
    xx-LJ from SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sass & bide shirt !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the glitter bow belt! It's too cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. that belt is sooooooooooooo beauitful! love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. the bday outfit was so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amei o cinto!!! Muito lindo!
    Por favor venha me visitar tbm.
    Eu tenho um fashion blog inspirado por Portobello Road, Londres.
    Espero que vc goste.
    Ate mais!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in love with your crystal bow belt, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. your mickey mouse outfit is so darn cute you have inspired me... i have an outfit in mind now---mickey mouse tee + fabulous skirt with loads of jewelry and heels haha (also an inspiration from one of kira's latest posts---that look is undeniably cute)... thank you! love your blog! i was missing your outfit posts when you went on vacation although i did enjoy the scenic photographs just as much... lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. song of style & prettygeeky - Thx! I feel I must use the grey version of it soon :)

    eri - Muito obrigada! Visitei teu blog e te dei um alo ;)

    xs - Haha, that's what I thought...one of the only places I could get away with so much 'bling' (outfit was made complete with a gorgeous purple baloon tied to my wrist, hovering way above my head...)

    frou flou - Thanks! Ooh! I hope we get to see a pic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love the blue, red and white outfit! reminds me of our trip to Greece last year.
    i love your style, darling! =)

    ReplyDelete