Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Paris Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2011 Pt 6: Chanel, Valentino & Alexander McQueen,


Valentino


Feminine and glamorous need not be over the top:















Chanel

It is funny, in this collection I found some outfit and pieces truly ugly and incredibly unflattering (obviously I did not pick them to be included here), and wonder what is going through Karl Lagerfeld's head (although he still received rave reviews, so I am probably the only one that thinks so). Although I was not a fan of the rolled hems on the pants (if it does not look good on the super tall models, what luck do us mere mortals have) and footwear, I did like a lot of the collection, the first outfit worn by Freja being my favourite:























Alexander McQueen













a

2 comments:

  1. McQueen still continues to be so beautiful. I never doubted Sarah. Is it strange that I can imagine Giovanna B in the green leather trench and snakeskin boots from Valentino? I have not really liked a Chanel runway show in quite some time, I think I sort of like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. McQueen is stunning. Sarah and McQueen definitely were very much insync! Chanel is meh... would definitely be going vintage as opposed to latest seasons.

    ReplyDelete