Monday, July 30, 2012

Window Shopping for dresses at the 'sales' for L


Back in the day, one of my favourite things to do was shopping with friends or my sisters, picking stuff off the racks and handing it for them to try on, which I thought would suit them and that they would (hopefully) love...Nowadays, trawling stores has been replaced by clicking my mouse through online stores, so when my SIL L asked me to help her find some dresses to add to her wardrobe, I thought I'd check some of my favourite stores, as there are some brilliant discounts/sales going on (I am a fan of getting as much as you can for your money)!

n.b. clicking on any image or description should lead you to the page where you can see further details/pics/buy:


Diane Von Furstenberg striped silk Karin dress ($280 from $400) and Rick Owens draped silk dress ($538 from $1075)

Marc Jacobs green silk mesh trim dress ($360 from $1200) and Proenza Schouler Mesh Top dress ($298 from $995) - these make great party dresses, a little girlier than you're probably used to, but so cute!

Rick Owens long pillar dress ($298 from $995) - I would shorten this to slightly below knee-length, although it may seem sacrilegious to some - and Proenza Schouler gathered waist dress ($506 from $1685) - you have to see this in the enlarged size to see the beautiful details

Rick Owens grey drape dress ($202 from $405) and Rick Owens grey sleeveless dress ($330 from $1100)

Michael Angel layered silk dress ($252 from $840) Diane von Furstenbery cherry Linnia dress ($172 from $350)

Under.Ligne by Doo.Ri black draped dress ($198 from $495) and Under.Ligne by Doo.Ri green draped wrap dress ($346 from $495)

Preen Blue Zaza Dress ($628 from $1255) and Preen Blue Frock dress ($470 from $1565) - these are a bit over budget, but I think these are worthy investments! How cute is that Zaza dress? It looks a bit like the Maje Madison dress you asked me to find for you L, (which I could only find in blue, in a size 3 HERE, the black seems to be sold out everywhere, I also tracked the green version in a size 1 on Ebay)...although I must admit I like the Preen dress better, am seriously eyeing it...


A few more...

Jan Ahlgren red silk dress (would look stunning with your Zanotti flats - beautiful for a garden wedding!) and Vivienne Westwood Anglomania red dress

Balenciaga silk draped dress and Jan Ahlgren square jersey drape dress

Acne Magenta dress and Jan Ahlgren black wool dress

Erdem Marlena dress and Diane Von Furstenberg Naira dress

Diane Von Furstenberg Lehana dress in blue and aubergine


Bottega Veneta dress (a worthy investment IMO) and Cerruti Ottoman draped dress

Ok, I had better stop here...or I will never stop! As you can see, I went a little overboard, but hopefully you will find something you like in here, will work on the striped tops and top for your leather pants next!

xx
CC

1 comment:

  1. So sweet of you and you are a master bargain hunter too! I like the first two Diane vonF dresses best due to the bright colours, good for spring I think.

    ReplyDelete